frequently asked questions
How can I receive my parcel at my Pick Up Point?
- To receive a parcel at a Pick Up Point, you will have to register yourself on mypup.nl or via the app. You will be assigned a username when registering
- When you make on online order select 'Delivery to a different address' to finalise your purchase.
- Now enter your MYPUP details
- Name: MYPUP delivery code (This is the unique delivery you have been given during registration)
- Address, postal code, town: Your Pick Up Point delivery address appears at the home page after log-in.
- As soon as we have received and registered your parcel, you will receive an email informing you that your parcel has arrived at MYPUP.
- Your parcel will be delivered in the afternoon to your Pick Up Point locker. You will receive a text message and/or email with the locker number and an unique access code which enables you to open the locker and to collect your parcel. You can also open your locker using the MYPUP app.
How long will it take before my parcel will be available at the Pick Up Point?
If your parcel is received by MYPUP before 1pm, it will be delivered the same day to your Pick Up Point before 6pm (subject to delays). If your parcel has arrived at MYPUP after 1pm, it will be delivered to your Pick Up Point on the next day
How long will my parcel be available at the Pick Up Point?
Your parcel will be available for you until you've had the chance to collect it, which generally means within 48 hours, or two work days. If this time slot has elapsed, MYPUP could decide to retrieve the parcel. You will off course be informed in advance if MYPUP decides to do so.
What should I do if I have not been able to collect my parcel at my Pick Up Point?
If you are absent (on holiday, illness, etc.), please duly inform us and we will extend your access to the locker or provide for another appropriate solution! Moreover, you will receive daily a reminder mail about your non-collected items.
Why is my parcel delivered to another Pick Up Point at my location, and not to the Pick Up Point I indicated in my account?
If your location has more than one Pick Up Point, it could well be possible that one of them is full. In this situation we will registrate your parcel at the other Pick Up Point with available lockers, allowing you to still collect your parcel on the same day.
What information should I provide if I cannot enter my user name at a website, because it, for instance, contains punctuation marks?
If you are not able to enter your user name due to the above-mentioned reason, please fill in your real name. We are able to connect your account to your real name. However, we would recommend using your delivery code, as the margin of error using a delivery code is lower.
What are the maximum dimensions of the parcel that can be delivered to a Pick Up Point?
Each Pick Up Point has lockers in various sizes. The largest locker is 60 cm deep, 40 cm wide and 70 cm high and has space for a basic removal box. Please take this into account when ordering.
What happens if my parcel does not fit into the Pick Up Point locker?
- Should your parcel be too large, too heavy or not easy to transport, MYPUP reserves the right to refuse the packages and send it back to the shipper.
- If your parcel does not fit into the Pick Up Point locker, but it is easy to transport, we will arrange another suitable delivery options. You will be contacted by email or phone to discuss the possibilities. The most common option is that the parcel delivery driver contacts you by phone when he is at your Pick Up Point to ask you to pick up your parcel directly from his/her van.
How do I open my locker at the Pick Up Point?
You can open your locker using the MYPUP app. Furthermore, you will also receive a unique code to open your locker via text message and email, as per the details you have provided when registering your account.
What should I do if I have not received a receipt code?
In the event that you are not able to open your locker using the app, you have not received the receipt code or you have lost it, please contact MYPUP on 085-0013717 or via email@example.com.
Returning & Dispatching
How can I return/dispatch a parcel via MYPUP?
- Register yourself at MYPUP via our website or app.
- Log-in on mypup.nl or into the app.
- Select the option 'returning'.
- You will be asked for some details about your shipment
- Dispatch to: Select 'the address or freepost number'.
- Country: Select the country you would like to dispatch your parcel to.
- Type of shipment: Select 'parcel' or 'to a freepost number'.
- Size: Select the dimensions of the locker into which your parcel will fit.
- Address details: Provide information for address or freepost number.
- You can submit your parcel after you have provided all necessary details. This will be free of charge if you have selected a freepost number. You will, however, be directed to a payment procedure if you wish to dispatch your shipment to an address.
- On successful completion of the previous steps, you can open the locker using the app or with the unique code and locker number you have received by text message.
- When you have placed the parcel into the locker, MYPUP will pick it up and dispatch it to the address indicated.
Before what time must the parcel be in the locker, so it can be sent the same day
If the parcel is placed in the safe before 15:00, it will be picked up and sent the same day.
When do I receive a track & trace code
- If you dispatch a parcel or registered mail via MYPUP, you will receive a track & trace code as soon as it is available.
- If you dispatch a parcel and/or letter to a freepost number, you will not receive a track & trace code. However, in case you wish to receive a track & trace code, we advise you to dispatch the parcel or letter via the post office instead.
How long is the unique return code valid for
The code remains valid for 24 hours after you have received your access code to open the locker. If you were unable to place your parcel in the designated locker in time, you can create a new dispatch via mypup.nl or the MYPUP app.
What should I do, if I have not received a receipt code?
In the event that you have not received a receipt code or you have lost it, please contact MYPUP on +44 (0)20 396 053 73 (UK), +31 (0)85 001 37 17 (NL) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I return a parcel to an address abroad or international freepost number via MYPUP
- It is possible to return parcels free of charge to freepost addresses abroad via MYPUP.
- For standard domestic addresses and addresses abroad a surcharge applies. We charge different prices, depending on the country, type of dispatch method ' normal, registered or insured mail ' and weight. When you are logged into your account, you can find these prices under 'dispatching'.
- What is/are the maximum weight and dimensions of the parcel that I can return via MYPUP?
- The maximum weight and dimensions of a parcel that you can return using MYPUP is 30 kilogram and 60 cm in length by 40 cm in width and 50 cm in height.
What is/are the maximum weight and dimensions of the parcel that I can return via MYPUP?
The maximum weight and dimensions of a parcel that you can return using MYPUP is 23 kilogram and 60 cm in length by 40 cm in width and 70 cm in height.
Distribute to a colleague
How do I distribute a parcel to a colleague via MYPUP?
- Register yourself at MYPUP.
- Log in on mypup.nl or into the app.
- Select the option 'dispatching'.
- You will be asked for some details about your shipment
- Dispatch to: Select 'dispatch to other MYPUP user' in the dropdown list.
- Size: Select the dimensions of the locker into which your parcel will fit.
- MYPUP username (The username of users with a delivery code is their email address): Enter the MYPUP username of the person who will receive the package.
- You can submit your parcel after you have provided all necessary details. After successful completion of the previous steps, you can open the locker using the app or with the unique code and locker number you have received by text message.
- Your colleague will be notified about the parcel by text message, as soon as you have placed the parcel into the locker (make sure the locker is closed properly).
Am I able to receive a parcel from a colleague via the Pick Up Point at my office
To be able to receive a parcel from your colleague you will need to create a MYPUP account first. As soon as your colleague has placed the parcel into the locker, you will receive a text message with a unique code to open the locker. You can collect the parcel, free of charge. The parcel will be available for you for 48 hours. In the event that you are unable to collect your parcel within this time slot, please notify us by email. Without further notice, we reserve the right to recover parcels that have not been collected within 48 hours.
How can I update or add to the details in my account?
To amend or add information to your account, please log in on mypup.nl. Subsequently click on your profile at the top right-hand corner and you can start amending or adding to your details. Furthermore, it is also possible to change details to your account in the MYPUP app. Firstly, log in with your MYPUP account. Then go to ‘account’ in the menu. You’ll then see three options in the bottom where you can change your details..
Is it possible to change my user name?
No, it is not possible to adjust your user name.
Why is the MYPUP address different to the physical location of the Pick Up Point?
Each parcel that you wish to receive, return or dispatch via MYPUP is collected in the receipt and distribution centre of MYPUP. From here, MYPUP ensures that your parcel will be delivered at the right location.
What does delivering, dispatching and returning parcels via MYPUP cost?
It is free of charge to register at MYPUP. Using MYPUP will also cost you nothing. You will, however, be charged for dispatching parcels and registered mail. When you are logged in, you can find our prices under 'dispatching'.
How do I get a Pick Up Point at our office?
We are happy to visit you and inform you on the possibilities to have a Pick Up Point at your office(s). Please feel welcome to contact us to make an appointment on +31 (0)85 001 37 17 or send an email to email@example.com.
Can I use the Pick Up Point in a building nearby?
No, a Pick Up Point is intended solely for people who have access to the building.
What happens when custom charges needs to be paid?
If custom charges needs to be paid, your parcel will be delivered to a post office nearby our depot. We will collect your parcel from the post office and pay the custom charges up front. Once we’ve have paid the custom charges, we will send you an email with a payment instruction, so we can reimburse the upfront payment. We expect you to repay the custom charges within three working days. Furthermore, we will go to the post office three times a week, depending on how busy it is. Moreover, we do not have any influence on how long it takes before your parcel is released from the custom offices.
Does MYPUP have an app?
Yes, you can download our app in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. You can use the app to register, to submit your parcel for dispatch and to open your locker.
How will, for example, a(n) company building, university, apartment building or hospital benefit from a Pick Up Point?
We can provide you with a Pick Up Point that matches your company's style. It offers, amongst other things, the following advantages:
- No more additional pressure on your mail room and reception staff.
- No longer are parcels piling up at the reception: everything is securely stowed away in lockers and there will be no discussions on broken or lost items.
- No liability for accepted goods.
- Efficient and sustainable! From now on, everyone will have their parcels sent to one location, rather than thousands of different addresses. This saves substantially on courier trips, significantly reducing the CO2 emission.
- A Pick Up Point is an unmanned post office. Colleagues, students or patients can all dispatch items via MYPUP by themselves, including parcels and registered mail. They do not need to go the post office any more.
- The Pick Up Point has additional services to help unburden colleagues, students and patients, unmanned issuance of IT products to new staff or of repaired IT-products.
What benefits does a MYPUP Pick Up Point have for, for example, a retailer or shopping centre?
We can provide you with a Pick Up Point that matches your company's style. It offers amongst other things, the following advantages:
- Unique click & collect service. The possibility to deploy a Pick Up Point as an unmanned click & collect location: customers can collect their online orders after the stores' opening hours, they do not pay for any delivery charges and simply enjoy convenience.
- Reducing logistic costs. If you use an unmanned Pick Up Point as an click & collect location, you can reduce your logistic costs and online shoppers will keep visiting your store or shopping centre.
How do I get a Pick Up Point for my organisation
We are happy to pay you a visit to inform you on the possibilities of a Pick Up Point for your organisation. Please contact us to make an appointment on +31 (0)85 001 37 17 (NL) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For what purposes could a Pick Up Point from MYPUP be used?
A Pick Up Point could be used for multiple objectives, please find a few examples below:
- Unburden reception and mail room for incoming and outgoing parcels.
- Efficient click & collect possibilities for retailers.
- Unmanned intake and issuance of, for instance, laptops to support the IT department.
Is it possible to use the Pick Up Point for multiple purposes, such as issuance of IT products and also receiving and dispatching mail and parcels
Yes, it is of course possible to use the Pick Up Point for various logistic flows within your organisation, actually many companies already do so. We are happy to tell you more about the possibilities.
Do you provide tailored lockers
Of course! All our Pick Up Points can be designed and produced with the dimensions and look & feel you desire. Please contact us to discuss the possibilities or to schedule an optional reference visit at one of our clients' locations.
What does a Pick Up Point cost our organisation
The prices are subject to the term of the agreement and the number of required lockers. Please contact us via +31 (0)85 001 37 17 or email@example.com for the advice you need.
Will a Pick Up Point safe our company costs?
A Pick Up Point actually always saves costs! You might need up to one FTE less in your mail room or at your reception. The productivity gain is also significant, as your employees do not need to leave the office early to get to the post office or other collection point in time. But, to see those happy faces of staff members who have access to a MYPUP Pick Up Point that is simply priceless!